Wednesday, July 4, 2012

One for Romantics

Chase the Wind (Wind, #1)Chase the Wind by Cindy Holby

My rating on a 100-point scale: 100
     This is one of my all-time favorite books. Though there are places that are very adult and romance-fiction material, this is a mostly historical western novel. It takes place in the United States, beginning in West(-ern) Virginia around 1860 and follows the affects of the curse of one man's hatred. This is a story of love and hate, and triumph and tragedy, an emotional roller coaster ready to deliver. 
      I think one of the reasons I love this novel so much is because the characters and plot are so well-developed. I was able to relate to the characters and their situations a lot.

I wouldn't recommend this novel for anyone younger than 15, due to a few very sensual scenes and the horrors placed upon the main characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment