Tuesday, June 19, 2012

One for Religion

Image via americanvision.org
                                        
Forged by Bart D. Ehrman

My rating on a 100-point scale: 90

     Forged is a religious text concerning canonical and non-canonical books of the popular Holy Bible. This book is very informational and interesting whether one labels himself as Christian, Agnostic, or Gnostic, or nothing at all. I highly suggest this book to any reader who has religious concerns.
     As a writer, I found some imaginative stories that are not so much heard of today, and also learned a lot about the stories found in the Bible. The major focuses are the writings found in and outside the common Biblical canon of today, especially those thought to be or claimed to be written by Jesus' apostles. The author covers many scholarly debates concerning the biblical texts discussed, and the facts surrounding the writings of these letters and books. I learned a lot about Christian Gnosticism and especially forgery, the main point of discussion in this well-thought novel.
     If you have any questions for me regarding this text, please comment or email me and I would be glad to help if possible.

This book is fine for all ages. No restricting content. 

No comments:

Post a Comment